Friday, June 12, 2015

Day 4: Out and About

"Rice" by Daniele Pellati
Yesterday I did some free exercise. I went walking for about an hour. My kids got some exercise in the process too.

I can't remember much of what I ate yesterday. I should keep track better. I had strawberry awake and turkey sausage for breakfast. I figure the sausage gives me lean protein for the morning and milk with my cereal. (My toddler is dripping juice from his sippy cup around the computer.) Ate a peach on my walk. Can't remember lunch.

I had brown rice with chicken stir-fry for dinner. I substituted white rice with brown rice. Brown rice has more vitamins and protein, is a whole grain, and has a lower glycemic level than rice. It keeps you full longer. I had only white rice when I taught in China and I always felt hungry. I bet brown rice would have made a difference. I made guacamole with an avocado and salsa and had it with chips. I figure homemade guacamole is healthier.

I went to bed before eleven last night! That's always a big accomplishment for me :).

So my points would be 8/10 (no toning). I probably need to revamp my point system. I don't know.

Did you do well yesterday? Did you save money in the process?

No comments:

Post a Comment